HEARTSINE - SAMARITAN PAD 500P AED
Automated External Defibrillator with Integrated CPR Advisor
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are key links in the chain of survival of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). Some cardiac events are treatable with effective CPR alone. Others require a combination of effective CPR and the delivery a lifesaving shock by an AED. Either way, every minute counts. Typically, only about five percent of SCA victims survive. However, survival rates can increase up to 74%^ if CPR and a shock from an AED are provided within three minutes of collapse. Reducing response time by even one or two minutes from collapse to shock can mean the difference between death and survival.#
More than a simple AED, the HeartSine samaritan PAD 500P (SAM 500P) Automated External Defibrillator (AED) with integrated CPR Advisor meets the needs of two key links in the chain of survival. Not only can the SAM 500P deliver a lifesaving shock, it provides real-time visual and verbal feedback to the rescuer on the force and rate of CPR compressions during an SCA resuscitation — effectively assisting the rescuer to perform CPR.
^Valenzuela TD, et al. 2000. Outcomes of Rapid Defibrillation by Security Officers After Cardiac Arrest in Casinos. New England Journal of Medicine. 343:1206-09.
#Mosesso Jr VN, et al. 2002. Proceedings of the National Center for Early Defibrillation Police AED Issues Forum. Prehospital Emergency Care. 6(3):273–82.
Real-Time CPR Feedback
- ICG-based feedback
- With its revolutionary technology, HeartSine’s proprietary CPR Advisor detects the force and rate of CPR being applied via the defibrillator electrodes, without the addition of accelerometers (or pucks) commonly used in other AED solutions.
- Easy-to-follow visual and verbal guides
- Designed for ease of use, the HeartSine samaritan PAD 500P uses easy-to-understand visual and voice prompts to guide the rescuer through the entire CPR process, providing specific feedback on the force and rate of compressions.
Ready to Shock
- Highest level of protection from dust and water
- With its IP56 rating, the HeartSine samaritan PAD 500P defibrillator or offers unmatched ruggedness.
Clinically validated technology*
- The HeartSine samaritan PAD 500P utilizes proprietary electrode technology and SCOPE™ biphasic technology, a low energy escalating waveform, that automatically adjusts for differences in patient impedance.
* Walsh SJ, McClelland A, Owens CG, Allen J, McCanderson J, Turner C, Adgey J. Efficacy of distinct energy delivery protocols comparing two biphasic defibrillators for cardiac arrest. Am J Cardiol. 2004;94:378–380.
- Most compact design
- At 1.1 kg and with a compact footprint, the HeartSine samaritan PAD is the most portable AED on the market.
Simple to Own
- Two parts, one expiration date
- The innovative Pad-Pak™, an integrated battery and electrode single-use cartridge with one expiration date, offers one simple maintenance change every four years.
- Low cost of ownership
- With a shelf life of four years from date of manufacture, the Pad-Pak offers significant savings over other defibrillators that require separate battery and electrode replacements.
[Country of Origin]